In general, bad breath is caused by:
- Factor in the mouth, tooth decay, many of plaque or tartar, tooth decay and. Tooth will be a place where germs and food scraps that can not be cleaned and eventually rot, which spread the odor. Swollen tongue and gums also cause odor.
- Factors outside the mouth, but still of the respiratory tract or digestive. Inflammation or disease in the respiratory or gastrointestinal causes bad breath.
- Food or beverages, cause bad breath until several hours afterward.
There are traditional medicines that can reduce bad breath, among others:
- 200 grams of Vetiver leaves (Vitiveria zizanioides (L.) Nash. Ex, Small), boiled with 2 cups water to boiling, after cold water decoction is taken to be drunk two times a day.
- 10 grains of fruit of Amomum compactum Soland ex Maton mashed and mixed with a glass of water. Drink 1 a day, the morning of 1 cup. Repeated for 7 days. For maintenance, drink 3 times a week.