Inflammation of the tonsils is called tonsillitis. Tonsillitis may be acute or chronic. Severe acute form that is not usually lasts about 4-6 days, and generally attacking children at the age of 5-10 years. While chronic inflammation Tonsillitis occurs repeatedly and lasts longer.
Enlarged tonsils can be very large so that the left and right tonsils meet each other and can interfere with breathing path. Acute inflammation or swelling of the tonsils are the tonsils that is not too large and not in the way of breathing, and not to cause unnecessary complications of surgery, because the tonsils are made up of lymph tissue can serve to prevent the body so as not exposed to diseases associated with infection.
For care and treatment carried out several steps as follows:
- Attempt was made to drink plenty of water or liquids such as fruit juice, especially during fever.
- Do not drink ice, syrup, ice cream, food and beverages chilled, fried, salted preserved foods, and sweets.
- Gargle warm salt water 3-4 times a day.
- Put warm compresses on the neck every day.
There is a traditional medicine that can be used to treat tonsillitis are:
- 1 stem parasite (Loranthus, Spec. Div.) Attached to a lemon tree, fennel (Foeniculum vulgare Mill) to taste. The second ingredient is boiled in 3 cups water to boiling, then filtered. Drink 1 ½ cups a day.
- 180 g Banyan, Ficus benyamina L, washed and cut into pieces. Boil 3 cups of water until remaining 1 glass. Add 1 cup vinegar. After the cold is used for rinsing. Do this several times a day.
- 1 piece of Lime - Citrus aurantifolia, Swingle, take water, plus a half cup water and 2 tablespoons of honey, taken 2 days on a regular basis.
- 30 grams of the root of Jequirity - Abrus precatorius, Linn boiled with 600cc of water until the remaining half. Filtered and drink 1 cup 2 times a day, morning and afternoon.