Pathophysiology of Snake BitesSnake venom contains toxins and enzymes derived from saliva. Can the snake is:
Classification of snake bite (source: Parrish)
- Degree 0
- Degree I
- Degree II
- Degree III
- Degree IV
Handling of Snake Bite Victims
- Inhibit the absorption and dissemination of venom
- Could neutralize
- Treating complications
- Monitor diathese hemorhagi after 2 hours
- If there are signs laryngospasme, bronchospasme, urticaria, or hypotension give 0.5 mg IM adrenaline, 100 mg IV hidrokortisone
- If I need to do hemodialise
- When diathese hemorhagi improved, transfusion components.
- Observation of patients had at least 1 x 24 hours
Plants that can be used to treat snake bites:
- Wash the roots of Biduri, Calotropis gigantea [Willd.] Dryand.ex WTAit by 1 finger clean, then chew and swallow the water, while the waste is used to close the wound.
- Tubers of Gynura segetum (Lour.) Merr. crushed and then placed in a place that had a bite.
- 20-30 grams of the root of Clerodentrum calamitosum L, chewed. Water is swallowed, the waste is used to compress the snake bite wound.
- 10-20 grams of dried herbs of Indian Acalypha - Acalypha indica L, mashed and mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar. Apply it on the bite wound.
- 20 grams of leaves of White mulberry - Morus alba L mashed. Add 1/2 cup water, then squeezed and filtered. The water is drunk.