The cause of hemorrhoids is mixed. Hemorrhoids can be genetically inherited, or because it is the weakness of the veins in the rectum or anus, or can also be caused by difficulty in bowel movements or diarrhea. Sitting too long can also cause hemorrhoids. Hypertension (high blood pressure), obesity (overweight), and a lazy lifestyle (not active) is also one of the originators of hemorrhoids. Consumption of alcohol and coffee in large quantities and often also one of the precipitating factors. Alcohol can cause liver disease that will eventually lead to blockage of blood vessels in the rectum or anus, while consuming too much coffee can cause hypertension. State of dehydration (lack of fluids) may also be a factor. Dehydration can cause hard stools and difficult bowel movements. Vitamin E deficiency is another factor.
Hemorrhoid is divided into two types:
- External Hemorrhoid. Is hemorrhoids that arise in the area called the anal verge, which is the end of the anal canal (anus). These types of hemorrhoids can be seen from the outside without using any tools. Usually will cause pain. Swelling and irritation can occur.
- Internal hemorrhoids. Is hemorrhoids that appear in the rectum. Usually these types of hemorrhoids are not painful. So most people do not realize this if you have hemorrhoids. Bleeding can occur if irritated. Bleeding that occurs dripping.
Prevention for hemorrhoids:
- Drink plenty of water, eating foods that contain lots of fiber (fruits, vegetables, cereals, fiber supplements, etc.) about 20-25 grams a day
- Reduce straining
- Avoid use of laxatives (bowel stimulants)
- Limiting straining during bowel movements.
- The use of tight underwear can trigger the occurrence of hemorrhoids and can irritate existing hemorrhoids.
Plants That can be used to treat Hemorrhoids:
- Cook 60 g roots or flowers of Clerodendrum japonicum [Thunb.] Sweet with 2 cups water to boil. Drinking water after a cold.
- 20 g of fresh leaves of Desmodium triquetrum [L.] DC, washed, boiled with 1 cup water for 15 minutes. After chilling filtered. Filtered while drunk. Do it every day.
- 3-7 leaves of Graptophyllum pictum, (Linn), Griff. boiled in 3 cups water to boiling, then filtered. 1 time every morning to drink regularly
- 30 grams of Equisetum debile Roxb, boiled, drink as tea.
- 30 grams of the root of Lime - Citrus aurantifolia, Swingle, boiled with 1 1/2 liter of water to boiling and the remaining 1 liter, then filtered, taken every evening on a regular basis.
- 3 pieces of fresh leaves of Comfrey - Stachytarpheta mutabilis, Vahl, eaten regularly every day, without cooking.
- 9 leaves of Clerodentrum calamitosum L boiled in 3 cups of boiling, and the remaining 1 1/2 cup. Filtered, and added honey to taste, drink 2 x 3/4 cup.
- 20-30 grams of leaves of Aloe Vera Linn, mashed. Add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons of honey, stir, strain. Drink 3 times a day.
- 30 grams of fresh leaves of Hemigraphis colorata Hall boiled in two cups of water for half an hour. Once cool, strain and drink.