In the United States less than a third of the population has a sleep disorder. Insomnia is more common in women compared with men with a ratio 3: 2. With increasing age also increases the incidence of sleep disorders.
Causes of sleep disorders are usually divided into three conditions, ie medical conditions, psychiatric conditions and environmental conditions.
Symptoms and signs.
Symptoms of insomnia is hard an individual to fall into bed, so as to increase the time between sleep. Difficulty maintaining sleep and not sleeping enough, this has resulted in someone woke up before he gets enough sleep. Disruption of sleep cycles can be caused by sikardian rhythm (in rhythm sleep disorder waking) were disrupted by jet-lag or because of work. Hypersomnia or excessive sleep is a symptom of the lack of quality of sleep a person that often takes time to sleep longer than normal. Some other symptoms of sleep disorders is Sonambulisme or sleep walking, and nightmares (nightmares).
Some measures that can be done to help sleep:
- Wake up at the same time each day.
- Limit time in bed every day at the same amount before going to sleep disorders.
- Stop the use of drugs acting on the central nervous system.
- Avoid sleeping during the day in a jiffy.
- Avoid stimulation at bedtime.
- Soak in warm water 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Eat at regular times each day.
- Muscle relaxation in the evening.
- Maintain a pleasant sleeping conditions
Plants That can be used to treat Insomnia:
- Dry the flowers or roots of "Clerodendrum japonicum [Thunb.] Sweet" taste, then blend to a powder. Take a teaspoon, then put into a glass of water. Stir well and drink well at night before bed.
- 6-10 grams of dried skin of Eucalyptus - Melaleuca leucadendra L cut, braised with 3 water glass until remaining 1 glass. After chilling filtered, and taken 2 times a day 1/2 cup.
- 15 g of fresh leaves of leucas lavandulifolia Smith boiling with 2 cups of water for 15 minutes. After chilling filtered and divided into 2 parts. Drinking in the morning and afternoon
- 30 grams root of the Serpent wood - Rauvolfia serpentine, boiled with 600cc of water until the remaining 200cc. After chilling filtered. Drink morning and evening, 100cc.