Plasmodium falciparum is the cause of approximately 85% of malaria in the world and is the most serious cause of malaria.
Symptoms and Signs of MalariaClinical symptoms consisting of fever, anemia and enlarged spleen. Clinical symptoms may be preceded by headache, weakness, muscle pain and bone pain. Heavy / light symptoms of malaria caused by Plasmodium species depends on the cause of the infection. As with the previous description, there are four types of plasmodium that causes malaria in humans. These four types of plasmodium gives the time of fever vary according to different causes. Plasmodium vivax causes benign tertian malaria causes fever day-to-3. Plasmodium malariae malaria causes fever day kuartana cause-4, while the plasmodium ovale give the mildest infection and often recover spontaneously without treatment. Plasmodium falciparum causes tropical malaria causes fever every hour for 24 or 48 and tend to be erratic. Tropical malaria is the most violent and dangerous. This is due to these parasites resistant to various treatments easier.
In general, the symptoms are caused by chills, fever, and sweating.
Treatment of MalariaBasically malaria can be cured with drugs. Until now chloroquine is still the first line drug for the treatment of the two types of species that exist in Indonesia on the grounds of their low cost, security, and availability of drugs in Indonesia. Drugs that are used there are 2 kinds of chloroquine and primaquine. Chloroquine and primaquine used as suppressive therapy of acute malaria. Both drugs can be used for prophylaxis before traveling to malaria endemic areas.
Plants that can be used to treat malaria:
- 10 pieces of Brucea javanica [L.] Merr, mashed. Put it in capsules, and drink as well. Do 3 times daily for 3 days. Furthermore, the dose reduced by half (5 pieces) and a drink for 5 days.
- Wash 15-20 g root Brucea javanica [L.] Merr, then cut into pieces. Boil in three cups water until remaining one glasses. Once cool, strain the water, then drink. Do it twice a day, each 1/2 cup.
- 1 piece of Lime - Citrus aurantifolia, Swingle, take water, plus half a glass of water and a pinch of salt, taken every morning.
- 30 grams of leaves of Cassia Siamea Lamk boiled with 500 cc of water until boiling. Taken 2 days, drank 200 ml. For 7 days. The next dose was reduced to 100 ml.
- 3 dried flowers of Cananga - Canangium odoratum. Brewed with 1 cup hot water and sealed (like tea). Once cool, filtered and taken regularly.
- 7 Plant Underleaf pearl - Phyllanthus urinary, Linn (roots, stems, leaves) boiled with 2 cups water to boil and the remaining 1 cup. Filtered and drunk at the same time, do every day.