Some indications that show the occurrence of mastitis:
- Sudden itching of the nipple and develop into a baby's pain during breastfeeding
- Incidence of fever and redness around the area of suction can be caused by mastitis. Experiencing side duct obstruction will show a reddish color compared to other regions
- Mothers feel flu-like symptoms such as fever, chills while the body feels stiff and sore.
How to reduce the effects of mastitis:
- To shorten the duration of mastitis, get to sleep when the suspect mastitis and rest properly.
- Consumption of echinacea and vitamin C to boost immune system and help fight infection.
- Compress the area with warm water run into the blockage.
- Wearing a warm water bath, it helps accelerate remove the blockage.
- Fixed give milk to infants, especially breast pain to use as often and as long as possible so that the blockage will eventually disappear. Then do a light massage while nursing, it also would be helpful.
Plants That can be used to treat mastitis:
- Head of the sunflower - Helianthus annuus Linn (seedless), cut smooth, and then dried in the sun to dry. Blend into flour. Each drink 10-15 grams, brewed with water twice a day.
- 20-30 grams Saucer Leaf - Nothopanax scutellarium Merr crushed, is used to compress the breast swelling.
- 20 leaves of Erchagouyahua - Ervatamia divaricata (L.) Burk refined. Mix with a little water and salt. Use to compress the affected breast.