AIDS is a continuation of the HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) at a level that is more severe and dangerous. Weak immune system in people with AIDS makes the body vulnerable to opportunistic infections. Opportunistic infection is an infection caused by organisms to look for opportunities to attack people who have poor immunity. Some examples include cancer, pneumonia (PCP), Kaposi's sarcoma, a drastic weight loss, memory disorders, and tuberculosis (TB).
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) that is not actually cause death. Deaths occur mainly due to opportunistic infections because of low immunity. HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is slowly lowered in the cells of the immune system (CD4) of normal CD4 levels by 1000. Over the past 5-7 years the number of CD4 will continue to decline until it reaches below 200 and cause symptoms. Once someone is infected with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), the virus will hide in the white blood cells, particularly lymphocytes cells 14.
There are three phases of infection with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) that will occur in the patient's body is as follows.
- Phase 1.
- Phase 2.
- Phase 3.
Trigger factor Transmission
- Having sex with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) or those who do not know of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
- Multiple partners.
- Having sex with sex workers.
- Sharing of syringes, needles simultaneously good use for piercing, drug, or a tattoo.
- Victims of sexual violence, for example due to being raped by people with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
- Having other sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, or hepatitis.
- Mothers who have HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) are vulnerable to transmit HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) in children who are conceived.
Until now, there is no perfect treatment to treat AIDS, some studies say that the skin of the mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L.), can inhibit the development of HIV / AIDS because the content of the compound xanthone mangostin on his compound. This study also proved and confirmed that the virus HIV-1 protease can undergo development and multiplication so that the rest can not attack the immune system of HIV / AIDS.
Some counselors HIV / AIDS have seen the benefits of the skin of the mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L.), and advise all patients with the disease to consume this super source of antioxidants. They explain how the benefits of the skin of the mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L.), can increase the antibody and cells - natural killer cells that can counteract a wide range of bacteria, viruses, and so on which can be fatal for people with HIV / AIDS. In addition, the skin of the mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L.) is rich in super antioxidants also has many other benefits including reducing pain.