If the blockage is caused by the oil glands of the skin is getting bigger then the comedones (blackheads) will open and then interact with or exposed to the bacteria that cause acne/pimple. This acne/pimple-causing bacteria known as Propionibacterium acne (P. acne). These bacteria damage the stratum corneum and stratum germinat by secrete a chemical that destroys the pore walls. This condition can cause inflammation. Fatty acids and oils clogged and hardened skin. If the acne/pimple is touched then the inflammation will spread so that the solid fatty acids and skin oils that mengerasakan enlarged, forming a pimple.
In general, the causes of acne/pimple are:
- Increased production of oil that the sebaceous glands removed because of the influence of the hormone androgen.
- Blockage of the pores resulting from the accumulation of dirt or buildup of skin cells that have died.
- Activity of the bacteria P. acne/pimple,
- The process of inflammation in the pilosebaceous.
Parts of the body most susceptible to acne/pimple are the face, chest, upper arms and backs us, and occurs when the period of puberty (age 14 to 19 years). This is caused by hormonal changes in adolescents reach adulthood.
Some plants that can be used to treat acne/pimple, among others:
- Fruit of the Four o'clock flower - Mirabilisjalapa Linn, crushed (made of flour) and applied to the acne/pimple and acne/pimples around.
- 2 pieces of Cucumber - Cucumis sativus L washed and sliced. Cucumber slices placed and rubbed against the skin with acne. Do it every day.
- 5 leaves Papaya - Carica papaya, Linn mashed, then squeezed and filtered to take water. Apply it on acne.