Cucumber - Cucumis sativus L grown on the farm, the home page or in a greenhouse. The plant is not resistant to rain with a high frequency. Growth requires high humidity, fertile soil loose and gets full sun with good drainage. Cucumber - Cucumis sativus L should be planted vines and grow both from the lowlands up to 1300 m. The plant is thought to have come from the mountains of the Himalayas in northern India. Plant annuals, creeping or climbing, rough-haired, trunked wet, length 0.5 to 2.5 m. Single leaf, alternate layout, long-stemmed, wide oval bentukn, with heart-shaped base, pointed tip, serrated edge. 7-18 cm long, 7-15 cm wide, green color. There are male flowers are yellowish-white, and female flowers are shaped like a trumpet. Fruit elliptical, growth depends, white waxy green color, after the old dirty yellow, length 10-30 cm, contains a lot of liquid. Seeds many, flattened oval shape meruncingi, dirty white color. The leaves and young stems can be eaten raw or steamed as lalab. The fruit can be eaten raw, boiled, steamed or disayur.
Terms grown for Cucumber - Cucumis sativus L:Climate
- Elevation: 1 m - 1,000 m above sea level
- Annual rainfall: 800 mm - 1,000 mm / year
- Month wet (above 100 mm / month): 5 months - 7 months
- Dry months (below 60 mm / month): 4 months - 6 months
- Air temperature: 170 C - 230 C
- Humidity: medium
- Irradiation: medium - high
- Texture: clay
- Drainage: Good
- Ground water depth: 50 cm - 200 cm of the soil surface
- Rooting depths: in the top 15 cm of the soil surface
- Acidity (pH): 5.5 to 6.8
- Fertility: high
Composition of Cucumber - Cucumis sativus L:The chemistry and pharmacological effects:
- Fruit: Toner agency, Air, melencarkan pee, smoothes and relaxes the skin.
- Leaves: Incentives vomiting.
- Seeds: Oil fat, carotene.
- Leaves: Kukurbitasin C, stigmasterol.
- The fruit also contains less saponins, digestive enzymes, glutathione, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins B and C.