Signs and Symptoms of AnxietyComplaints are often raised by people who experience anxiety, among others, the following:
- Anxiety, worry, foreboding, fearing his own, easily offended.
- Feeling tense, edgy, restless, easily startled.
- Fear of being alone, fear of crowds and a lot of people.
- Disruption of sleep patterns, dreams are stressful.
- Impaired concentration and memory.
- Somatic Complaints, such as pain in muscles and bones, ears ringing (tinnitus), palpitations, shortness of breath, indigestion, urinary disorders, headaches and so on.
Levels of AnxietyAnxiety has two aspects namely aspects of healthy and harmful aspects, depending on the level of anxiety, the old anxiety is experienced, and how well the individual is doing coping with anxiety.
There are four levels of anxiety experienced by the individual, namely:
- Mild anxiety
- Middle Anxiety
- Severe anxiety
Predisposing Factors of AnxietyPredisposing stressor is any tension in life that can cause anxiety. Tensions in life can be:
- Traumatic events, which can lead to anxiety related to the crisis experienced by the individual either developmental or situational crises.
- Emotional conflict experienced by individuals and are not resolved properly. The conflict between the id and the superego or between desire and reality can cause anxiety in individuals.
- Self-concept will lead to an inability disturbed individuals think in reality that will cause anxiety.
- Frustration will lead to a sense of powerlessness to make decisions that affect the ego.
- Physical disturbance will cause anxiety because it is a threat to the physical integrity that may affect the individual's self-concept.
- The pattern of family coping mechanisms to handle stress or family patterns will affect individuals in responding to conflicts experienced by many individuals coping mechanism patterns learned in the family.
- History of anxiety disorders in the family will affect individual responses to respond to conflicts and overcome anxiety.
- Medications that can lead to anxiety is medication containing benzodizepin, because benzodiazepines can depress neurotransmitter gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), which controls the activity of neurons in the brain responsible for generating anxiety.