This disorder primarily affects the body and are sometimes seen in the armpits, between the thighs, upper limbs, neck, face and scalp.
The disease is found throughout the world, especially in hot climates. In Indonesia, a high frequency. Transmission occurs when there is contact with the fungus causes therefore personal hygiene is very important.
Morphology of Tinea versicolor / Pityriasis versicolor:
- Groups of round cells, sprout, thick-walled hyphae trunked and has short and crooked, the growth of the skin (stratum corneum)
- Usually does not cause pathological signs other than fine to coarse scales.
- Forms of irregular lesions, diffuse and demarcated to lesion size can be.
There are two forms of tinea versicolor / Pityriasis versicolor is often encountered:
- Shape makuler
- Follicular Form
Symptoms of Tinea versicolor / Pityriasis versicolor:
- White or brown rash that sometimes itch when sweating.
- Can no complaints at all itchy
- On people of color, the lesion appears as patches of hypopigmentation
- But the pale-skinned people, the lesions can be colored or reddish brown.
- At the top of the lesion are smooth scales.
- The existence of folliculitis.