The spleen has several important functions, involving the blood cells in the body, among other things:
- Filter the blood and remove red blood cells are old and broken, bacteria, and other particles when the object is passing through a network of blood vessels in the spleen.
- Produces lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell that produces antibodies and helps the immune system.
Normally the spleen is a small organ about the size of a fist or orange. Splenomegaly describes a situation where the spleen is enlarged beyond its normal size.
Causes of spleen swelling
- Redundant work.
- Red Blood Cells Abnormal
- Viral and Bacterial Infections
- Splenic vein pressure / blockage
- Metabolic Diseases
There are some herbs that can help treat swelling of the spleen, but the cause of the swelling should be treated first, such as:
- 30-50 grams rhizome of Galangal - Alpinia galanga, Linn., Willd in small slices, then boiled in 3 cups water to a boil. Drink 1 cup 2 times a day, morning and afternoon.
- 50 grams of bark from Alstonia Blackboard scholaris [L.] R. Br boiled with 200 cc of water until boiling. drink as well. do every day.