Menstruation is the shedding lining of the uterus (endometrium) on a monthly basis by periodik1, 2. Menstruation usually occurs for 2-7 days with an average duration of 4.7 days of menstruation. Can menstrual blood loss approximately 10-80 cc of blood, with an average of 35 CC4, 5. Normal cycle lasts 24-35.
The first period is called menarche. Menarche preceded by symptoms of puberty such as breast development (telarche), growth of pubic hair (puberche) and grow armpit hair. Menarche followed by a cycle length of about 5-7 years, and regularity of menstrual cycles increased so that the menstrual cycle shortened to achieve a fixed cycle time. This became a regular irregular changes associated with the maturation of the hypothalamus axis - Pituitary - Ovary. Later, when women begin menopause, irreguleritas cycles recur because starting dominated anovulatory cycles.
Because menorrhagia, each menstrual period can cause considerable blood loss and cramps. So it can interfere with daily activities. If you have menstrual bleeding that much so afraid of menstruation, consult a physician.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Need to use multiple pads to control menstrual flow.
- Need to get up to change the bandage at night.
- Bleeding for a week or more.
- Large blood clots out along with menstrual flow.
- Restrict their daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow.
- Symptoms of anemia, such as fatigue or shortness of breath.
Causes of MenorrhagiaIn some cases, the causes of heavy menstrual bleeding is unknown, but some conditions may cause menorrhagia. Among others:
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Dysfunction of the ovaries
- Uterine fibroids
- Intrauterine device (IUD)
- Complications of pregnancy
- Descendants bleeding disorders
- Other medical condition. A number of other medical conditions, including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), thyroid problems, endometriosis, and liver or kidney disease, may be associated with menorrhagia.
There are some herbs that can be used to treat Menorrhagia, among others:
- 30-40 grams of dried root of Underleaf pearl - Phyllanthus urinary, Linn mashed, brewed with 2 cups boiling water. Then filtered and added honey to taste. Drink 2 times a day, morning and afternoon.
- 20-30 grams of leaves of Chinese rice flower - Aglaia odorata Lour boiled with 2 cups of water until remaining 1 glass. After chilling filtered and drunk. 2 times a day, each 1/2 cup.