White mulberry - Morus alba L originated in China, grows well at altitudes over 100 m asl. and require adequate sunlight. This plant likes a fairly alkaline like on the slopes, but the soil has good drainage. Occasionally found growing wild. The tree, about 9 m tall, branching many, young branches smooth haired. Single leaf, alternate layout, stemmed, 4 cm in length. Leaf blade ovate to heart-shaped, pointed tip, base obtuse, serrated edge, the upper and lower rough surface, a length of 2.5 - 20 cm, width of 1.5 to 12 cm, green color. Compound interest, out of the armpit leaves, the color white. In one tree there are male flowers, female flowers and perfect flowers apart. White mulberry - Morus alba L bloom throughout tabun. The fruit is juicy and tastes good. Young fruit green color after cooking to black. Seeds are small, black.
Composition of White mulberry - Morus alba L:The chemistry and pharmacological effects:
The leaves are bitter, sweet, cold, heart and lung meridians entered. The fruit is sweet, cool, it makes the heart meridian, liver, and kidneys. Root bark is sweet, cool, got lung meridian. Leaves are bitter, neutral, enter the liver meridian.
- White mulberry leaf - Morus alba L, containing ecdysterone, inokosterone, lupeol, beta-sitosterol, rutin, moracetin, isoquersetin, scopoletin, scopolin, alpha-, beta-hexenal, cis-beta-hexenol, cis-lambda-hexenol, benzaidehide , eugenol, linalool, benzyl alcohol, butylamine, aceto'ne, trigonelline, choline, adenine, amino acids, copper, zinc, vitamins (A, B1, C and carotene), chlorogenic acid, fumaric acid, folic acid, formyltetrahydrofolik and mioinositol. Also contain phytoestrogens.
- Part stems from White mulberry - Morus alba L, contains tannins and vitamin A.
- The fruit, it contains cyanidin, isoquercetin, saccharides, linoleic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, and vitamins (carotene, B1, B2 and C).
- Bark, contains Triterpenoids: alpha-, beta-amyrin, sitosterol, sitosterol-alpha-glucoside. Flavonoids: morusin, cyclomorusin, kuwanone A, B, C, oxydihydromorusin. Coumarins: umbelliferone, and scopoletin.
- Root bark, containing flavone derivatives mulberrin, mulberrochromene, cyclomulberrin, cyclomulberrochromene, morussin, and mulberrofuran A. Also contains betulinic acid, scopoletin, alpha-amyrin, beta-amyrin, undecaprenol, and dodecaprenol.
- Seed: urease. Pharmacological Effects and Outcomes Research: Eedysterone efficacious hypoglycemic.