Typically, Haematemesis occurs when there is bleeding in the proximal jejunum. At least there is bleeding as much as 50-100 ml. The amount of blood that came out during Haematemesis used as a benchmark to estimate the size of the upper tract bleeding eat. Haematemesis and melena is a serious condition and requires urgent treatment in hospital.
Haematemesis colors depending on the length of the relationship or contact between the blood and the size of the stomach acid of bleeding, so it can be colored like coffee or reddish and lumpy
- Abnormalities of the esophagus: varices, esophagitis, malignancy.
- Abnormalities of gastric and duodenal: gastric and duodenal ulcers, and other malignancies.
- Blood diseases: leukemia, DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation), thrombocytopenia purpura and others.
- Other systemic diseases: uremic, and others.
- The use of drugs ulserogenik: class salicylates, corticosteroids, alcohol, and others.
It is important to determine the cause and the origin of upper tract bleeding eat, because there are differences in handling any kind of business meals upper tract bleeding. Causes of upper tract bleeding eat the most common in Indonesia is the rupture of esophageal varices with an average of 45-50% throughout the upper tract bleeding eat.