In a certain amount, the use of pesticides and insecticides to plant herbs, fruits and vegetables can be tolerated body. However, when excessive amounts can be harmful to health, such as causing cancer, ADHD in children, nervous system disorders, thyroid disorders and weakened immune systems.
Consumes herbs, fruits and vegetables is one way to treat the disease, or to maintain health. But if the plants contain pesticides or insecticides, and we do not know how to clean the right, the material is dangerous for the body.
Some ways to clean herbs, fruits and vegetables from pesticides or insecticides:
- Wash your hands with soap and running water before handling food products, including the time to wash the herbs, fruits and vegetables
- Wash the herbs, fruits and vegetables with clean water and drain to clean up the soil and dirt.
- Use a soft brush to clean pesticides and insecticides from herbal plants, fruits and vegetables, and still use the water flowing.
- Discard the outer leaves of leafy vegetables and then rinse with clean water and drain.
- Peel the skin of vegetables and fruits that have a thick skin, especially herbs, fruits and vegetables are coated with wax.
- To remove wax also can be washed with warm water mixed with salt and lemon juice or vinegar.
- Do not use detergents or soaps that can leave the rest of other chemicals in the herbs, fruits and vegetables.
- Cooking helps reduce some residual pesticides and insecticides in herbs, fruits and vegetables are not lost when peeled or washed.
- Should buy herbs, fruits and organic vegetables when you are still afraid of pesticides.
- If you have a garden, you can also grow their own herbs, fruits and vegetables so as to ensure it does not contain pesticides.