Here are the reasons eating tomatoes make you look younger (quoted from care2.com):
- Lycopene is found in tomatoes is a carotenoid compound. A study showed that these substances can protect the skin from sun damage.
- Lycopene is also beneficial for improving skin health because lycopene is able to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin so that your skin remains elastic and avoid wrinkles.
- The researchers found that the high content of lycopene in the blood of a person is able to keep them from chronic diseases.
- Strong teeth and healthy gums can be owned by those who eat tomatoes because lycopene also has anti bacterial and anti fungal.
- Lycopene may help heart health. Therefore do not hesitate to eat tomatoes regularly.
- Tomatoes can protect your body from the toxic effects, especially aflatoxin (a fungus that is found in peanuts) and cadmium (bacteria found in cigarette smoke and air pollution).