Coffee and tea is one of the most popular beverages worldwide. The popularity of coffee and tea has made people believe different things, about how coffee and tea affects our health. Some things about coffee and tea is true, the other is just a myth that has been maintained over the years.
Some are considered more healthful tea, while others consider drinking coffee makes the body more energy.
Basically, favorite drink is equally healthy in different ways.
Here are some of the results of research on the advantages and shortcomings of tea and coffee:
- Drink 3-4 cups of tea per day may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Tea also helps prevent type 1 diabetes and slow the worsening of the disease when it has already suffered.
- People who drank black tea four times a day for 6 weeks is known to have levels of the stress hormone cortisol is lower.
- Tea contains fluoride to protect teeth.
- Green tea helps protect the body from lung cancer and esophageal cancer.
- The content of antioxidants in green tea may help fight aging.
- White tea is known to prevent obesity.
- Tea contains pesticides, even in products labeled organic.
- Tea contains tannin in large enough quantities. Tannins reduce the absorption of iron in the body which can lead to anemia.
- Tea contains caffeine which is proven to cause anxiety and increase blood pressure.
- Adding milk to tea may eliminate the benefits of tea in the fight against cancer.
- Consumption of coffee without sugar can prevent type 2 of diabetes.
- Coffee helps protect the liver, especially cirrhosis of the liver and liver cancer.
- Coffee habits also reduce the risk of gout in men over the age of 40 years.
- Coffee helps lower the risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- Drinking coffee also improve short-term memory and reaction speed.
- Compounds in coffee can be used to create new drugs to treat heart disease and insomnia.
- The caffeine in coffee also increases the effectiveness of pain medication.
- Often coffee making discolored teeth become yellowish.
- Drink 8 cups of coffee a day increases the risk of miscarriage.
- Coffee can also reduce blood flow to the heart.
- More than 1,000 substances found in coffee, 19 of which are carcinogens.